1. How many LASIK procedures has your doctor performed?
Dr. Abell has performed more than 35,000 refractive procedures since 1985.
2. What are the credentials of your LASIK doctor performing on their lasers?
Dr. Abell is a board certified Ophthalmologist. He is the only doctor in Lexington to be a U.S. medical monitor for the Wavelight Allegretto Laser. He was recently named 1 of only 8 surgeons to be part of the Alcon/Wavelight Clinical Advisory Board, a group that mentors other surgeons who are using the WaveLight Allegretto Excimer Laser.
3. Does the doctor who will perform your LASIK procedure regularly train and consult other LASIK doctors across the U.S. and all over the world?
Dr. Abell is recognized as one of the most experienced LASIK surgeons in the world. He is an active member of ASCRS (American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery) and AAO (American Academy of Ophthalmology).
4. How many awards and recognitions has your LASIK doctor received from professional organizations, vendors, or his peers?
Both within the United States and internationally, Dr. Tom Abell has won countless awards and recognitions. You can view several of these awards on our website.
5. What kind of laser will your doctor be performing your LASIK procedure with?
AbellEyes uses the most advanced technology available. We are the only facility in Kentucky with both the 400 hertz WaveLight Allegretto Excimer Laser and the Ziemer Femtosecond LDV Laser. The Wavelight Allegretto Laser is the most advanced laser technology approved by the FDA.
6. Do you offer custom LASIK?
At AbellEyes, we only perform custom LASIK. Custom LASIK uses Wavefront LASIK technology to measure the eye from the front to back to create a three-dimensional corneal map. The Wavefront LASIK device collects information by using light reflected off the retina and through the pupil, and into the device, creating your unique map reflecting your lower or higher order aberrations. A patient’s unique visual irregularities are contained in this map, which is then sent to the laser via a computer. The Wavefront map effectively guides the laser in customizing the treatment to your individual visual irregularities, producing a personalized LASIK treatment.
7. Will you spend time with a LASIK doctor on your first visit to their facility?
As part of our no obligation, free consultation at AbellEyes, every individual meets and visits one of our doctors.
8. What is your outcome ratefor achieving 20/20 vision obtaining LASIK?
Due to decades of experience, state-of-the-art technology, and thorough testing during LASIK consultations, 97% of AbellEyes patients enjoy 20/20 vision or better after LASIK.
9. What is your enhancement rate?
Our enhancement rate is less than 1%.
10. Does the LASIK provider you are considering work for a large corporation or in a successful private practice, and do they own or lease the laser equipment they use for LASIK procedures?
At AbellEyes, we own our facility, diagnostic equipment, and lasers. We have your best interest and outcome in mind.