Over time, your skin loses elasticity and moisture, which contributes to moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth. While serums and creams can help moisturize the skin’s surface, JUVÉDERM® XC adds volume to smooth these lines and folds, to help give you the natural-looking, long-lasting results you want.
Individual results may vary.
Unretouched photos of paid model taken before treatment and 2 weeks after treatment. A total of 3.2 mL of JUVÉDERM® XC was injected into the parentheses lines, corner lines, and marionette lines.
What are possible side effects?
The most common side effects include tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching. With JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects are mild or moderate and last 14 days or less. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable) and last 2 to 4 weeks. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, side effects were predominantly mild or moderate, with a duration of 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
Important Safety Information
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulation?Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC for areas other than the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation, or facial wrinkles and folds, have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment